Episcopal Church Home – The Gardens
1860 University Avenue West, Saint Paul, MN 55104
OPENING FALL 2014! Episcopal Church Home – The Gardens will be Minnesota’s first and only long-term residence designed around the trailblazing Green House Model of Care.
Each of the six Green House homes (two of them dedicated to Memory Care) will consist of 10 private rooms with private baths organized around a central hearth with adjoining living room, dining room, and open kitchen. The design provides privacy, builds intentional community, and sets the stage for a life worth living.
The Green House model mirrors the experience of living in a private home with family caregivers more closely than ever before possible. It fosters meaningful, reciprocal relationships between residents and caregivers, from planning daily activities to preparing meals from scratch and dining together. All residents will receive 5 hours or more of direct, one-to-one interaction with their caregivers every day – more than with any other model of long-term care, and more than they might get in a private home.
- Each Green House home will have its own private balcony or terrace
- On-site Town Plaza with café, gifts and sundries shop, ATM
- On-site warm water therapy pool
- On-campus monthly concerts
- On-campus Marketplace Café and Gift Shop. Our Café features daily entrees, salads, soups, sandwiches, pastries, and ice cream. Our Gift Shop offers gifts, cards, and sundry items for residents and guests.
- On-campus Silver Curl Beauty Shop. Treat yourself to a ‘silver’ perm, shampoo and set, or whatever suits your mood. Great haircuts for men too!
- Free Wi-Fi
- On-campus physicians, nurse practitioners, podiatrists, dentists, optometrists, psychologists and hearing aid specialists
- Spiritual wellness provided by on-staff chaplains, with a variety of ministry and worship services in two on-campus chapels
- Resident-planned recreational activities that include outings to stores, concerts, and arts activities
Call for availability and information about eligibility 651-632-8800.
Follow our blog for news and updates!