The Gardens – Green House Nursing Home
The Gardens is Minnesota’s first nursing home designed around the trailblazing Green House Model of Care. The Green House Project completed an in-depth study of family caregivers. The study showed what concerns family caregivers most about their loved one living in a conventional nursing home.
- 83% are concerned about the lack of individualized attention
- 82% are concerned about isolation and loneliness
- 80% are concerned about the loss of independence
- 82% are concerned about the institutional atmosphere
We all agree that we want the people we love to live in their own homes for as long as they can. But when that is no longer an option, we want them to get the best possible care in a setting that is as close as possible to real home.
The Gardens has six Green House Homes.
- One caregiver for every Five Elders in the Gardens vs. one caregiver per 10-12 Elders in conventional nursing homes.
- Each Green House will be home to a maximum of 10 elders, each with a private room and private bath.
- All meals are prepared in each home’s open kitchen. Elders may join if they are able.
- All caregivers are Certified Nursing Assistants trained to earn the title of “Shahbaz.”